Terms and Conditions
- A 50% deposit is required within 7 days in order to confirm and secure the booking.
- By paying the deposit you agree to the terms and conditions under which the booking was made.
- Full payment is required on arrival
- Our cancellation policy is as follows :
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing
- A 50% cancellation fee will be levied if the cancellation is done within 21 days of the arrival date.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- The entrance gate to the reserve is open from 07h30 and closes at 19h00. Please notify us if you are arriving later than 19h00.
- There is no cell phone reception once you leave Montagu and therefore it is recommended that you phone when you leave Montagu should you anticipate a late arrival or if it is/has been raining and you are anxious about the road.
- The nearest Petrol Station to African Game Lodge is Montagu or Barrydale, so please make sure you have sufficient petrol for your journey. Estimate a 60km round trip.
- Travelling time between Montagu and African Game Lodge is approximately 30 minutes and Montagu is the nearest town to get supplies.
- Although part of the road is gravel, it is suitable for all types of vehicles. During our rainy season, you may be required to drive through small drifts. Approach them slowly and drive through at a steady pace. If you are concerned about getting through, please phone us before you leave Montagu so we can monitor your expected arrival time.
- African Game Lodge is clearly signposted from the turnoff on the R62.
- In times of heavy flooding, please phone ahead of arrival so that staff from African Game Lodge can meet you at a designated pickup point.
- Sun hats, sun glasses, sun cream and insect repellent recommended.
- Towels for swimming in the pool are not provided. Please bring your own.
- Although the water is safe for drinking, bottled water can be brought along or purchased at reception.
- Credit Card facilities are available on-site. We however regret that we do not except Diners Club.
- There is no cell-phone reception at the reserve except for one high-spot. WiFi is available in the lodge.
- Guests are welcome to arrive on the reserve anytime from 09h30 but checkin to your accommodation is from 14h00 unless prior arrangements have been made. Whilst waiting to check into your accommodation, you are welcome to explore the reserve and make use of the communal facilities. If you anticipate an early arrival, please let us know and we will try our best to have your accommodation available when you arrive. Guests are requested to vacate their accommodation by the latest 10am on the day of departure but are welcome to remain on the reserve until 17h00 and make use of the communal facilities.
THESE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS” GOVERN THE USE OF THE AFRICAN GAME LODGE WEB SITE, MATERIALS, WEBSITE SERVICES TO PURCHASE ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES BY YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “YOU”).
BY USING THE WEB SITE/MATERIALS/WEBSITE SERVICES TO PURCHASE ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES, YOU AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED OR REFERRED TO IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. AFRICAN GAME LODGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE/MATERIALS/WEBSITE SERVICES TO PURCHASE ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES AFTER SUCH CHANGES ARE POSTED TO THE WEB SITE, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES.
Acceptance Of Terms
Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of the order or our offer to sell. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, without prior notification, to accept or decline your order or limit the order quantity for any reason. For credit card payments, such payment is subject to the approval of the financial institution issuing the credit card and we shall not be liable in any way if such financial institution refuses to accept or honor the credit card for any reason. We may require, at our option, that any order placed over certain amounts receive our pre-approval. We also may require additional verification or information before accepting any order.
Acceptance of Contractual Agreement
Client agrees that by placing an order either by means of electronic ordering (web order form) through the website (the “site”) or submitting a written contract, and receipt of such order by African Game Lodge, that you are agreeing to our Terms of Sale and Policies. No modifications of said contract by customer are allowed. African Game Lodge will provide, and Customer will purchase and pay for, the Products specified in the Order for the applicable Product Description. Customer acknowledges that the Product have been communicated to the customer, and that he/she is aware of all applicable charges and conditions of sale in terms of the African Game Lodge policy.
Payments and Fees
Payment is due when the Product is booked, or when the product is purchased. No space will be reserved on Activityor Accommodation until payment has been paid in full. Credit cards that are declined for any reason are subject to a ZAR 90.00 declination fee. Confirmed space on the Activity or the accommodation will be relinquished on payments that reach 10 days past due.
African Game Lodge may temporarily deny program or product availability or terminate this Agreement upon failure of Customer to pay charges when due. Such termination or denial will not relieve Customer of responsibility for the payment of all accrued fees, or any collection fees.
All requests for canceling any accommodation booked or activity purchased must be made through the “Contact Us” option on the African Game Lodge Web site (the “Site”), which can be located on “http://www.africangamelodge.co.za” Confirmation receipt of cancellation will be sent within 24 hours. A ZAR50 cancellation fee is charged on all cancellations for which payment has been processed.
Refunds and Disputes
No refunds will be issued on any products booked during the following high season period – 15th December to 15th January, Easter Weekend, Public Holidays and any other special weekends (eg: Valentines Weekend, Long weekends). No refunds will be issued on any products cancelled within 3 days of the date of the booked and confirmed program. 50% refund will be issued if cancellation is before 3 days of the booked program. Disputed charges to your credit card issuer, also known as chargebacks, will be treated as a non payment.
Third Party Website Links
This Site contains links to third-party Web sites that are not under the control of African Game Lodge. African Game Lodge makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web site to which you may have access through this Site. When you access a non-African Game Lodge Web site, you do so at your own risk and African Game Lodge is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on these sites or for the quality of any products or services available on such sites. African Game Lodge provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply that African Game Lodge endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or uses of such Web sites.
Warranties And Disclaimers
Except as expressly provided otherwise in a written agreement between you and African Game Lodge , all Materials, Products on this site are provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, African Game Lodge makes no warranty that (I) The products and materials will meet your requirements, (II) The materials will be accurate, rr error-free, (III) The quality of any products, services, or information purchased or obtained by you from the site will meet your expectations. This site could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. African Game Lodge may make changes to the materials,products and services at this site, including the prices and descriptions of any products listed herein, at any time without notice. The materials, products or services at this site may be out of date, and African Game Lodge makes no commitment to update such materials or services. African Game Lodge assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the information, documents, software, materials, products and/or programs which are referenced by or linked to this site. references to other organisations, their services and products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In no event shall African Game Lodge or its suppliers be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, whether or not African Game Lodge has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or of any web site referenced or linked to from this site.
These Terms and Conditions, together with the African Game Lodge Disclosure Notice, supersede any prior discussions, negotiations and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and these Terms and Conditions, together with the African Game Lodge Disclosure Notice, constitute the sole and entire agreement between the parties with respect to the matters covered hereby.