African Game Lodge is a private nature reserve dedicated to preserving biodiversity.
Please take note of the following:
- Guests may book in any time from 14h00 and are requested to vacate the chalets by 11h00 on the day of departure, but may remain on the reserve and use communal services until 17h00.
- The reserve gates are locked at 20h00, and no access will be permitted thereafter unless prior arrangements have been made.
- The removal of any plant, seed, flower, artefact, bulb from the property is prohibited.
- No hunting may take place on African Game Lodge and all weapons for personal safety to be declared at reception on arrival.
- No fishing is allowed on the reserve.
- Aggressive behaviour, inappropriate abuse of alcohol and illegal drugs is prohibited.
- The chalets operate on 12-volt solar power and cannot take conventional electrical appliances. Laptops and iPads can be recharged in the main lodge, which has 220V power. 12 Volt
- Hairdryers can be provided on request subject to a refundable deposit.
- Wi-Fi is available at the Lodge.
- There is no cellphone reception at the Lodge, however for emergencies relatives can contact guests via our landline above. There is cellphone reception at various high points on the reserve, which can be accessed by high clearance vehicles eg bakkie
- Kitchens are equipped with basic amenities for self-catering purposes and includes a 4xplate gasstove, crockery, cutlery, outside covered braai facilities and has a 12-volt upright Fridge and Freezer.
- The water on the reserve is safe to drink, but bottled water can be purchased from reception.
- We supply wood for those chilly nights to light up the fireplace, additional firewood and braaiwood can be purchased from the reception.
- All towels and bedding will be supplied, excluding pool towels.
- The lodge offers home cooked South African meals to self catering guests subject to prior arrangement.
- The last petrol station and last minute supplies is Montagu, 27km from the reserve. Cellphone signal is lost shortly after turning on the Ouberg Pad.
- During the wet season please phone when you leave Montagu and drive safely on the gravel road that might become slippery due to the rain.