2 Bedroom Thatched Chalets
Eland, Gemsbok, Steenbok, Rhebok, and Kudu are our quaint two-bedroom thatched family chalets which provide the privacy that allows you to enjoy the vastness of the karoo landscape whilst relaxing in well-fitted, stylish accommodation. These chalets can be rented on a self-catering, bed and breakfast, or full board basis.
The chalets look out onto a vast plain where you may be lucky to spot a shy duiker or rhebok early in the morning. Sometimes the kudu wander around the chalets sampling the tender shoots. You may even have one of the friendly ostriches come round the corner, knocking on the window to see what you can supply them from the kitchen.
Our two-bedroomed chalets have the following features:
- Quaint thatched chalets in traditional karoo style architecture
- Stunning views of the reserve
- A comfortable Lounge with a fireplace for those cosy winter evenings.
- The kitchen is equipped with basic amenities for self-catering purposes and includes a fridge/freezer, 4 x gas plate stove, crockery, cutlery
- Each chalet has its own undercover braai facilities on the spacious verandah. A braai grid and braai tongs are provided.
- Two well-appointed bedrooms (one with a draped double bed and the other with two ¾ beds) with mosquito nets
- A third single bed can be incorporated into the second bedroom
- Camper cot can be provided on request
- There is a single modern bathroom with bath and in-bath shower facilities with guest amenities provided. Bath towels are provided.
- A large covered porch designed to overlook the vast landscapes and passing wildlife, and has outdoor furniture for your outside relaxation.
We are very environmentally conscious and encourage our guests to join us in our quest to tread lightly on the earth. Each chalet is equipped with recycle bins and we encourage you to set aside your biodegradable kitchen waste for our earthworm farm. The chalets operate on 12-volt solar power and cannot take conventional electrical appliances.
Laptops and iPads can be recharged in the main lodge which has 220V power. 12 Volt Hairdryers can be provided on request. Some of the chalets have plug-in internet connections. Should you wish to avail yourself of this service, please let us know so that we can allocate your chalet appropriately. The communal lodge has Wi-Fi internet services.
There is no cell-phone signal at the lodge but there are high sites where signal can be obtained.
So, whether you’re indoors or out, the experience will be unforgettable. You will feel rejuvenated, relaxed and at peace… just the kind of effect African Game Lodge has on all who visit.
Our chalets are rented on a Per Person Per Night basis.
Bed, Breakfast & Dinner
Bed & Breakfast
The two bedroom Chalets can sleep 2 adults and 2 children. The one bedroom chalet can sleep 2 adults sharing. Single Supplement is charged. Please enquire about our special family discount offered for sharing children. Cots can be provided. An additional single bed can be added to the second room for an extra child on request.