1 Bedroom Thatched Chalet
“Springbok”, our One-bedroom Thatched Chalet is ideally suited for Honeymoon Couples and couples celebrating special occasions. The chalet can be rented as self-catering, Bed & Breakfast, Dinner/Bed/Breakfast, or on a full board basis.
If you are booking for your honeymoon, please contact us.
The bedroom is fitted with a romantic, draped bed. The bathroom includes a large bath and separate shower, toilet and glass basin. The kitchen is fitted with a 4-plate gas stove and has a 12-volt upright Fridge and Freezer. The intimate lounge is ideally suited to relaxing during your stay, and has a fireplace with wood supplied.
At night you can braai on your covered verandah if you choose the self-catering option, otherwise enjoy our delicious, freshly prepared meals at the lodge. Our meals are based on South African favourites. We serve a 2-course breakfast, lovely lunch and 3-course dinner.
Guest who stay at African Game Lodge love the individual thatched karoo-style chalets which have been designed to provide comfort and the opportunity to enjoy the spaciousness of the karoo landscape. The traditional chalets look out onto a vast plain. You may even have one of the friendly ostriches come round the corner, and if you lucky, a resident “Bat Eared Fox” may come investigating during the evening.
Springbok Chalet has the following features:
- Quaint thatched chalet in traditional karoo style architecture
- Stunning views of the reserve
- Springbok Chalets overlook the cheetah enclosures
- A comfortable Lounge with a fireplace for those cozy winter evenings.
- A dining room table for romantic dinners
- The kitchen is equipped with basic amenities for self-catering purposes and includes a fridge/freezer, 4 x gas plate stove, crockery, cutlery
- It has its own undercover braai facilities on the spacious verandah. A braai grid and braai tongs are provided to prepare your food in a truly South African way.
- The well-appointed romantic bedroom has a double bed with percale linen.
- Modern bathroom with bath and separate shower facilities with guest amenities provided.
- A large covered porch designed to overlook the vast landscapes and passing wildlife, and has outdoor furniture for your outside relaxation.
We are very environmentally conscious and encourage our guests to join us in our quest to tread lightly on the earth. Each chalet is equipped with recycle bins and we encourage you to set aside your biodegradable kitchen waste for our earthworm farm. The chalets operate on 12-volt solar power and cannot take conventional electrical appliances.
Laptops and iPads can be recharged in the main lodge, which has 220V power. 12 Volt Hairdryers can be provided on request. (But after a few days at African Game Lodge, most guests forget about those things and just enjoy the nature). There is a lan internet connection in the lounge. The communal lodge has Wi-Fi internet services.
There is no cell-phone signal at the lodge but there are high sites where signal can be obtained.
So, whether you’re indoors or out, self-catering or full board, you are going to love Springbok Chalet.
Our chalets are rented on a Per Person Per Night basis.
Bed, Breakfast & Dinner
Bed & Breakfast
The two bedroom Chalets can sleep 2 adults and 2 children. The one bedroom chalet can sleep 2 adults sharing. Single Supplement is charged. Please enquire about our special family discount offered for sharing children. Cots can be provided. An additional single bed can be added to the second room for an extra child on request.